Over the last month I reviewed 8 cigars with my new 100 point rating system and the cigar of the month february is:
Viking Robusto by Viking Cigar with a 93 score
In January all of the scores were 89 and up, but since it was my first month of rating cigars with the 100 point system you could wonder it there was enough room to get a wider spread in scores, well this month that question is answered with a low score of 85 and a high score of 93.
Now as for the complete list of cigars I smoked in February for Cigarguideblog:
1) Viking Cigar Viking Robusto (Dominican Republic) 93 points
2) Casa Magna Colorado Lancero (Nicaragua) 91 points
3) Davidoff Colorado Claro Anniversario #3 (Dominican Republic) 91 points
4) Oliva series V Maduro Short Robusto (Nicaragua) 91 points
5) Jas Sum Kral Maduro Toro (Nicaragua) 90 points
6) CLE Corojo 11/18 (Honduras) 90 points
7) La Estancia Robusto (Honduras) 86 points
8) H. Upmann Half Corona (Cuba) 85 points
The high score for the Viking was a bit of a surprise to me for two reasons:
– I never really liked the cigars that they made before (Amero, Chess, Hawk) and even though they changed factory I had some prejudice.
– I never had a cigar made my Ernesto Perez Carrillo that impressed me a lot
But this cigar is fantastic, the best Dominican cigar I smoked in a while.